As we enter a future of increased physical isolation finding skilful ways to connect online as a Sheffield Sangha is becoming more important.
Slack is a simple way for all the Sangha to stay connected and to find out about upcoming events and Centre news.
Contact us to sign up.
We are following the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines. Here are the changes we’re asking you to bear in mind if you come:
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit the Buddhist Centre if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. We hope you understand this measure is to keep all of us safe and to prevent the transmission of the virus. If you have booked and are subsequently unable to attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that someone else can use your place.
- Using the Building – All in-person events will take place in our Great Hall. Please come to the door that opens directly into the Great Hall, up the steps by the Remembrance Garden from Joseph Road. All other entrances to the Centre will be closed.
- Physical distancing – We ask all participants to maintain a 2-metre distance from other people.
- Face Covering – When entering the building please wear a face covering
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser – We ask all participants to wash their hands upon entering or leaving the building. There are also hand sanitiser stations around the building.
- Seating – Socially distanced places will be set out. You can bring your own meditation equipment, or you can use the Centres equipment which is then quarantined for 24 hours.
- One-way system – There will be a one-way system in operation and access to the main areas of the building. The class team will be on hand to guide you.
- Booking on an event – book through our website or email us at email@example.com if you would like to attend an in-person event.
- Cleaning – All frequently touched areas will be cleaned before and after each class; mats and cushions are there for your use, only team members will handle them before and after the class.
- Drinks – Please bring your own drink.
- Gardens – We encourage you to use the garden and the two sheltered areas on either side of the building.
'Life, but not as we know it'
An evening of talks, discussion, meditation and ritual exploring the current Sangha night theme. Sangha night is open to those who have completed our Introductory Course (not suitable for newcomers).
You can choose to login in through Zoom or physically come to the Buddhist Centre.
The zoom screen will projected in the Great Hall. Due to social distancing we have limited places available each week.
Please book a place by clicking on the Sangha night you would like to attend.
Plans change? Please let us know if you can no longer attend so that we can make your place available to somebody else.
7.15 Zoom room open, Great Hall side doors open – please use the red side door leading onto Joseph road
7.30pm – 8.05pm Dharma Talk
8.05pm – 8.15pm Tea Break
8.15pm – 8.55pm Discussion groups
8.55pm – 9.00pm Tea Break
9.00pm – 9.30pm Meditation