On Sunday June 19 we are opening up the Centre to the people of Sheffield for a Garden Party. There will be fun and enjoyment for everyone, with music and food all around the centre and in the gardens under the summer sun.
Bring your family and friends to enjoy the atmosphere, play silly games, buy snacks, cake, plants, books, gifts and sangha artworks, or hear the Dharma and meditate in the Great Hall.
It’s also an opportunity to raise money to give away – all the money raised will be given away to good causes chosen by us (sangha day vote). Over the years we’ve raised and given away around £50,000 to many good causes including Triratna projects in India, pioneers starting Dharma activities in Venezuela, Hungary, Moscow and Warsaw; closer to home our Bursary Fund helping sangha members on low incomes go on retreat, local charities and contributions to new Buddhist Centres in Shrewsbury, Newcastle, Barcelona and Paris.
We hope that we can carry on the wonderful qualities of the Summer Fair like the great atmosphere and working together as a Sangha but in a smaller scale event.
So this year we will NOT be selling clothes, shoes, household linens or bric-a-brac.
What you can do now:
- Join one of the teams running a stall or helping with the set up on the day.
- Raise plants for sale, to bring to the Centre a few days before the day
- Put aside high quality items that you could bring for the bazaar, and prizes for games and raffle
- Bake cakes and savoury snacks and freeze them
- From June 11 Bring your good quality donations to the Centre (but no clothes, shoes, household linens or bric-a-brac)
- June 18 Help with the set up (Sangha Works Day)
- June 19 Help with the Garden Party – including volunteers for the great clear-up.
Please contact the centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to be involved.
Stalls run by the sangha
Plants, Buddhist gifts, Sangha arts, refreshments, bazaar, games and more…
Expect cake… lots of cake
Sweet and savoury refreshments all day long