As we enter a future of increased physical isolation finding skilful ways to connect online as a Sheffield Sangha is becoming more important.
Slack is a simple way for all the Sangha to stay connected and to find out about upcoming events and Centre news.
Contact us to sign up.
At the Sheffield Buddhist Centre we’ve updated some of the activities at the Centre in line with the new lockdown regulations:
- Sangha night will be on Zoom only (starting from today Tuesday January 5)
- Groups won’t be able to meet either inside or outside the Centre
- We can still meet one other person in the Centre garden
- The morning meditation will carry on being open for people to attend in person.
It is still allowed for people to attend “places of worship” for ”communal worship” but “prayer or study groups” are not permitted.
We’ve interpreted this to mean that the type of discussion groups that we hold on Sangha night aren’t possible at the moment so we have reluctantly decided that Sangha night will be on zoom only for now.
- You are required to wear a mask in the building
- Keep 2m socially distanced in the building & grounds
- We will record the details of everyone coming into the Centre for Track and Trace.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone with Covid do not to come to the Centre until the NHS advises you that it is safe to do so.
We are doing all we can to set up and implement Covid secure protocols but ultimately it is the responsibility of each individual to make the decision to come to our in person events or not. Where possible we will be offering an online option.
Chair of the Sheffield Buddhist Centre
'Stories of the Path'
Using stories to unlock the secrets of our System of Practice, from true tales to mighty myths within the Buddhist tradition and beyond.
An evening of talks, discussion, meditation and ritual exploring the current Sangha night theme. Sangha night is open to those who have completed our Introductory Course (not suitable for newcomers).
Sangha Night will be Zoom-only from the 5th of January. Click the button below to join the Zoom meeting.
7.15pm Zoom room Open
7.30pm – 8.05pm Dharma Talk
8.05pm – 8.15pm Tea Break
8.15pm – 8.55pm Discussion groups
8.55pm – 9.00pm Tea Break
9.00pm – 9.30pm Meditation
Listen again to Sangha night talks
We run events of many sorts for people at all levels of commitment – short retreats, study of Buddhist texts, meditative ‘sesshins’ and occasional arts activities like singing workshops.
We also celebrate the major festivals of the Buddhist calendar: