The Centre responded to the lifting of restrictions in England on July 19 by relaxing some of the protocols we had in place. We’ve been reviewing this regularly, balancing the spiritual and psychological benefits of meeting in person with the wish to reduce the risks of catching Covid at the Centre. After carrying out a risk assessment we have agreed that the following precautions will be in place for the rest of August and will be reviewed in September.
- Meet outside as much as possible.
- Increase the ventilation in the Great Hall.
- Encourage the wearing of masks in enclosed spaces such as the corridors, tea room and toilets and when in close contact with others. We ask Sangha members attending the Centre to bear in mind that other Sangha members may feel concern about the spread of Covid.
- Encourage having a lateral flow test before coming to the Centre.
- Keep a record of everyone attending sangha night so we can inform people if anyone attending has a positive test result.
- Ask all Sangha members to continue to regularly wash their hands and to use hand sanitiser when they enter and leave the building and before handling food.
- Ask Sangha members not to come to the Centre if they feel unwell, have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has had a positive test.
The Great Way
This series of talks takes us into the figures and symbols of the Five Buddha mandala.
An evening of talks, discussion, meditation and ritual exploring the current Sangha night theme. Sangha night is open to those who have completed our Introductory Course (not suitable for newcomers).
‘Hybrid’ Sangha Night
In person – booking is optional, you can do this by clicking the event titles on this page.
Online – The Zoom room will be available from 7.15pm.
6.30pm – 7.30pm Shared Meal
7.30pm – 8.10pm Dharma Talk
8.10pm – 8.40pm Discussion groups
8.40pm – 9.00pm Tea Break
9.05pm – 9.35pm Meditation
Slack is a simple way for all the Sangha to stay connected and to find out about upcoming events and Centre news.
Contact us to sign up.