As we enter a future of increased physical isolation finding skilful ways to connect online as a Sheffield Sangha is becoming more important.
Slack is a simple way for all the Sangha to stay connected and to find out about upcoming events and Centre news.
Contact us to sign up.
At the Sheffield Buddhist Centre we’ve updated some of the activities at the Centre in line with step 3 of the government road map.
It is still allowed for people to attend “places of worship” for ”communal worship”. Outdoor worship of up to 30 people people are allowed, and we are continuing to offer volunteering opportunities in line with government guidelines. You can be indoors with groups of no more than 6 people or 2 households.
- You are required to wear a mask in the building (unless exempt).
- We will record the details of everyone coming into the Centre for Track and Trace.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone with Covid do not to come to the Centre until the NHS advises you that it is safe to do so.
We are doing all we can to set up and implement Covid secure protocols but ultimately it is the responsibility of each individual to make the decision to come to our in person events. Where possible we will be offering an online option.
Chair, Sheffield Buddhist Centre
We are following the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines. Here are the changes we’re asking you to bear in mind if you come:
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit the Buddhist Centre if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. We hope you understand this measure is to keep all of us safe and to prevent the transmission of the virus. If you have booked and are subsequently unable to attend, please email us at email@example.com so that someone else can use your place.
- Physical distancing – We ask all participants to maintain a 2-metre distance from other people.
- Face Covering – When entering the building please wear a face covering
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser – We ask all participants to wash their hands upon entering or leaving the building. There are also hand sanitiser stations around the building.
- One-way system – There will be a one-way system in operation and access to the main areas of the building. The event team will be on hand to guide you.
- Booking on an event – book through our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend an in-person event.
- Cleaning – All frequently touched areas will be cleaned before and after each event
- Water – Please bring your own drink if possible.
- Gardens – We encourage you to use the garden and the three sheltered areas on either side of the building.
We are following government guidelines however please take into consideration there is an increased risk of COVID infection when attending in person classes at the Buddhist Centre.
'Building the Buddha-land'
‘An ideal environment for spiritual development’, the Buddha–land is a symbol at the heart of the Sheffield sangha, a vision behind which we gather and create community through practising the Dharma.
This series of talks aims to deepen our understanding of what this means and explore ways of doing it together.
An evening of talks, discussion, meditation and ritual exploring the current Sangha night theme. Sangha night is open to those who have completed our Introductory Course (not suitable for newcomers).
‘Hybrid’ Sangha Night
Book your place if you would like to attend in person to listen to the talk in the Great Hall followed by discussion groups (hosted outdoors) and meditation. Click the event titles on this page to book.
7.15pm Zoom room Open
7.30pm – 8.05pm Dharma Talk
8.05pm – 8.15pm Tea Break
8.15pm – 8.55pm Discussion groups
8.55pm – 9.00pm Tea Break
9.00pm – 9.30pm Meditation